Monday, February 21, 2011

The Weird Week That Was - Part Three

So, we’ve talked about the weird weather of the last year.  We’ve talked about barely breaking even.  We’ve talked about working off and sacrificing.  And we are still not yet to the Weird Week that Was.  I really meant to start that topic in my first post of this series.  But my mind is unkempt, as you know, so I got off on a tangent when trying to give you a little background.

I guess that I ended up giving you a lot of background. 

I meant to start on the topic in  the second post as well.  And I don’t really think that I need to expound on the title of this blog any further to explain what happened there.

I really wasn’t dragging in out to create suspense.  I just wanted you to have all the necessary information to be able to grasp the gravity of bizarreness (gravity of bizarreness - that would make a great band name).

Now we reach the third post.  And I think that I might be getting down to it.

You see, the first two posts were relevant.  They were relevant to explain the first weird thing that happened during the Weird Week that Was.

Because of the weather, we barely broke even last year, that meant that if my husband didn’t work off, we’d need to borrow money just to get by.

So, you can imagine my surprise when my husband came to me on Sunday night of the Weird Week that Was to tell me that he would like to buy a new tractor.

My first response was that I heard him wrong - “Um, could you repeat that?”

He repeated it.

My second response was simply, “Gulp.”

Don’t get me wrong.  I didn’t really have anything to fear.  We have a system in our family.  No purchase over $100 is made without the consent of both my husband and myself.  We discuss every purchase over $100 in depth, then make our decision together (the larger the price tag, the more “in depth” our discussion becomes).

There was never a danger that I would come home and find a large green and yellow surprise in my back yard.  Still, the statement was daunting.

I suppose that I should have seen that question alone as a harbinger of weirdness.  I didn’t.  I just saw a seriously long and very in depth discussion in my near future.

A new tractor.

In a post-drought year.

A post-drought year that also happened to be a post-blizzard year.

What was he thinking?

Don’t own a Kindle, but would like to?  The latest generation of Kindle is available at the following links:  with WiFi only   or with WiFi and 3G.

Christy Parker is the author of two blogs:  Ruminations from and Unkempt Mind and  Learn to Crochet - In Minutes a Day.

Mrs. Parker is also the author of an eBook of patterns entitled Seven Special Scarves, as well as the eBook Learn to Crochet in Minutes a Day:  The First Twelve Lessons

For comments, questions, notes, or suggestions; Mrs. Parker can be reached in the blog specific forums on the product information pages listed above or via email at unkemptruminations@comcast.net.

No comments:

Post a Comment