Monday, December 8, 2014

Review of "Profile of a Killer"

I had never heard of the film or any of the members of it's cast before finding it in the Amazon Prime Instant Video library tonight.  For a film with an unknown cast (at least to me), I found this film to be surprisingly good.  The acting was quite good and the concept was, while not entirely novel, an unusual approach to the serial killer sub-genre.  While I say that the concept was entirely novel, I mean just that.  It was a novel approach, but not entirely so.  It was something that isn't done everyday, but there are elements of it that you have seen before.  Frankly, I found it a refreshing take on the subject.  (I am a bit hampered here by my desire to avoid spoilers).

The film does have some gore, although most viewers of films about serial killers will find said gore to be mild.  If you are new to the sub-genre, however, I would recommend trying another film first, especially if you are faint of heart.

I found the writing to be, for the most part, entertaining and believable.

Quite well done, and I would recommend "Profile of a Killer" to anyone who enjoys thrillers and is not squeamish.

No comments:

Post a Comment